Many people use the Christmas break to re-evaluate their job and career in order to start the year on a fresh footing. According to a Glassdoor survey this year, January is the most popular month for job hoppers. The primary reasons why workers leave a job were low salary, followed by needing a new challenge and work being too boring.
These reasons are important to have in the back of your mind when looking to make the right hire for your business. A question often asked on Rungway is which are the best interview questions to ask. Whilst a Google search can show generic questions, here are some of our favourite responses from Rungway users on the questions that really reveal something about a candidate.
1. Ask questions with scenarios, for example, “What would you do if…”. This is very telling of whether the candidate would react to a problem in a way that aligns to your company culture.
2. Ask about the time the candidate was part of a team? Often people describe a time when they led a team, rather than how they worked with others towards a common goal. This will help highlight team player qualities.
3. Find out about the candidate’s passions and what gets them out of bed in the morning. Make sure they’re not just moving on for being bored.
4. Ask what impression they have of your company. This shows how much research they’ve done and how much they want to join your firm. Candidates should be able to deduce a company’s culture by looking through sites like LinkedIn, Twitter and Glassdoor
5. Look to understand the candidate’s own development plan. And if they don’t have one, be worried! Automation means many jobs are in a constant state of changing, meaning we must
constantly seek to learn new skills.
Need some interview advice, or possibly considering a job move in the coming months? Download Rungway and ask. We’re all there, ready and willing to help and pass on our wisdom!